Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Robot Day!

Today isn't really Robot Day. I made that up. But I wanted to write about the crazy robots recently developed by Sony. And by recently, I mean in 2003. I'm a bit behind the times, it's true. Sue me.

These things are AMAZING! I don't know why people would want to have kids when you could have a ROBOT! No dirty diapers, no baby vomit, and best of all, no back-talk and teen angst when they grow up. Because they never age!

I'm amazed at the Sony QRIO. It's like a little, silver person, only with no mouth or ears or anything. It walks, talks, jumps, has sound recognition, gets back up if pushed over, can walk up stairs (well, mini robot stairs, not normal human ones), can throw a ball, and has the ability to recognize color. Not only that, you can have a full on conversation with it, too!

Here's the SONY robot home page. Take a minute to watch the videos. You'll be blown away. Well, maybe not...if you're not into robots like I am.

Dare I say it, but I think this robot is even better than a helper monkey. But don't tell my husband that. He's a monkey lover.


And because I can't get over this video, check out this kid doing the robot dance at a high school.Wait for the kid in the orange shirt to come out. he's freakin' AMAZING!

2 comments:

Lucas said...

WOW! You are right HB, he is freakin' AMAZING!! Who knew the human body can move like that? Thanks for sharing.

Honey Bunny said...

don't remind me, fluffy :(