Sunday, December 10, 2006

Goodbye, Atari!



I LOVED this Atari 2600 when I was a kid. If I had to guess, I think we got it for Christmas in 1982. I played all these games and more every day after school and all day long on the weekends. We had it hooked up to a 13" black and white TV, which wasn't as cool as a color TV, but hey, we were poor. My favorite game was E.T., but I can't seem to find the cartridge anywhere. I played PacMan and Asteroids until I felt I was going to go blind. This Atari brought HOURS and HOURS of fun for me, my sister, and my brother.

I have to sell it now because history repeats itself and now MY family is facing hard times. I'm sure there are shinier, newer, complete systems out there on eBay, but mine is BEGGING for a new, happy home. It hasn't seen the light of day in well over 20 years. Until now. How can you deny this little guy a new lease on life?

I'm selling this Atari 2600 as is. I don't know if it works, and I think it's missing the power adapter. You get two "Slick Stik" game controllers, the console, and nine super awesome 80s games: PacMan, Asteroids, Berzerk, Baseball, Strawberry Shortcake, Video Pinball, Spider-Man, Defender, and Space Invaders. The console seems to be in great condition, and if I could find out if this was working, I would. But sadly, I can't.

So won't someone bid on this lonely little Atari for me? It wants a good home and to be complete again. It's itching to be played or displayed with love and kindness. I will ship this Atari to anyone in the USA, UK, or Canada, as long as they promise to take good care of it.

Take me to the Atari auction!!

No comments: