Sunday, August 26, 2007

The MN State Fair!

Phillip decided he was feeling well enough to go to the fair. I'm glad we did. We had a fun time. Although there were a LOT of people there and it was pretty hot out, we enjoyed ourselves. I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted to, but here's a run-down of what I tried at the fair:

  • Cheese Curds
  • Foot Long Hot Dog
  • Root Beer Ice Cream
  • Tom Thumb Donuts (which were delish, and I'm not a donut eater)
  • 3 bottles of water
  • 1 Huge cup of Iced Tea
  • 1 Caramel apple


    I missed out on the corn and the bucket of cookies (with the all-you-can-drink milk), so I'm thinking I might go back again by myself. I also didn't take as many photos as I'd wanted, because it was so crowded. But we did get to see the Robot Wars...all 15 minutes of it. We waited for 30 minutes in a really hot tent and then most of the battle bots were not working, which was disappointing. But I did manage to make this little movie:


    The fair is awesome. It's one reason why I'm so happy to live in MN. The NY State fair was never this cool growing up. Well, that could also be that I was 15 the last time I went and was on a short leash and couldn't do all I wanted. At any rate, if I don't make it back to the fair once more this year, I'll have to wait til next to eat the stuff I missed.

    Phillip gives the fair two thumbs up!

  • 3 comments:

    Chuck Olsen said...

    hey, i posted your vid
    on MN Stories today. :-)

    Honey Bunny said...

    oh wow! thanks, chuck! i'll take a look right now :)

    Anonymous said...

    That hot dog pic reminds me of my days at Milton Academy...