Thursday, September 06, 2007

I Can't Belive It's Not Butter....Really? You Don't Say!

Actually, I can't believe this article isn't from The Onion:

Microwave "Popcorn Lung" Sufferer Ate Two Bags A Night

Watson said he still craves popcorn but has taken his doctors' advice and snacks now on fruits and vegetables. He said his breathing has improved and he's lost 35 pounds. He no longer uses an inhaler or takes steroids.

I guess this amuses me because The Griffins aren't huge consumers of microwave popcorn. We probably eat about a bag a month, if that. We used to eat a lot more when we were first dating, but for the last couple of years it's dropped off to almost never.

I guess I should get a mask to wear when I open the next bag of popcorn I make. It's still a pretty funny story.

2 comments:

Sornie said...

I think that anything in that quantity may very well be bad for you. Probably damn Chinese popcorn.

Michelle said...

That is pretty funny. Yeah, that does belong in the Onion. I used to eat a lot of microwave popcorn--especially in college. I practically lived on the stuff.