Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shopping for the Good Stuff

For those of you who know me, you know I hate shopping. I loathe it. I can't stand being in a mall and I get pretty twitchy if I have to go to a store like Target because I just hate being there.

But with that said, I can't wait to check out the Midtown Global Market tomorrow. I have not been there in the (almost) 2 years we've lived here, and I'm excited to check it out. It's weird, but I have no twitchy feeling when I think about shopping for food, new and unusual condiments, or kitchen accessories. This is probably because I'd rather have a KichenAid mixer than a new, functioning pair of shoes. I never claimed to be normal.

The place I want to check out the most is United Noodle Company which, from the look of the website, carries two of my favorite Asain products; Pocky and White Rabbit candies. I recently found the White Rabbit candies at the Cost Plus store in Bloomington. Well, I can't really get to Bloomington on a regular basis for these candies, so I'm glad I can get them at the Global Market. Plus, I really want to learn how to cook more Asain dishes, so hopefully while I'm there I'll gather some inspiration.

No comments: