Friday, January 25, 2008

Super Diamond - A Neil Diamond Tribute Band

Ok, Super Diamond totally rocked last night at the Fine Line! I had so much fun I can't even explain. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love the Neil Diamond. He ROCKS! And Super Diamond did all this hits (and more) and rocked out for a full two hours. Awesome!

It was also awesome that yesterday was the real Neil Diamond's birthday! How frickin' cool is THAT??

Unfortunately, there was a strict No Photos rule in effect, but I managed to be sneaky and take this photo of Surreal Neil:

Surreal Neil - SuperDiamond


I was a little sad that they played Cherry, Cherry as their second song. Only because it's my favorite and I was hoping that it came later in the show. I'm sure that sounds weird, but that's how I roll when it comes to shows. Anyway, they played 30 songs, which rocked my world. I am glad that they kind of did a mashup of all the slow songs (Heart Light, September Morn, Hello Again, etc) and condensed it down, because the slow jams are my least favorite. I'm super happy they played Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon and Sweet Caroline. Thems my favorites.

If you have the chance to see Super Diamond in your city, you totally need to go. They put on an awesome show, and are decked out in shiny shirts, bell bottoms, and platform shoes. Even if you're not a big Neil Diamond Fan, you can't deny the awesomeness of his music. And the experience alone is worth the ticket price.

No comments: