Sunday, April 20, 2008

Here's Where I Try To Play Catch-Up

Wow. A lot has happened since I wrote last. I can't believe it's been about 2 weeks. D'oh!

Well, I got my dream job! I officially start tomorrow. I'm both excited and nervous. YAY!

I played too much Guitar Hero and now I have severe pain in my left wrist. I guess old ladies aren't supposed to play Guitar Hero every weekend. Booooo!
Played Too Much Guitar Hero


I got these fabulous Keen shoes from onlineshoes.com! I paid $85, which is the most I've ever paid for a pair of shoes in my life. But they are super comfy and I think they are pretty fabulous and cute. Plus, you can wear them with both a skirt or pants, which is pretty important for me. I'm hoping to get another pair in a different color as soon as I can save up another $85. YAY!

New Keen Shoes - Day 63


My allergies are bothering me again. Not so much the stuffiness of the head and nose, but more of the drippy eye and froggy throat. I'm really glad that Spring is here, but damn, I am tired of the pollen in the air. And I know it's only going to get worse. Booooo!

The Hubs and I decided on a vacation to Montreal for later this month. If you hadn't noticed, we're pretty much sticking with Canada for our vacation destinations. That's OK with me. I can eat Poutine for every meal if I so wish. YAY!

I will have to go back for the second round of lightening-then-dying of my hair very soon. I could put it off for another month, but then I'd be a 32 year old with 3" gray roots. NOT very sexy. Booooo!


I finally cleaned out my closet and sold a boatload of sewing patterns that I was never going to use. I organized my closet by color, got rid of shirts and sweaters I won't ever wear, and hemmed and altered a bunch of skirts and pants so I have more options of what to wear to work. I still need more pants, but that's for another time. YAY!

I spilled a whole glass of soda on my laptop last night. Booooo!

It still works with no issues. YAY!

We're finally able to think about moving out of this dump and into something really nice, now that The Hubs and I are making a pretty good chunk of change. I can't wait to live in a place where the power doesn't go out all the time, the toilet flushes, it's not freezing in the winter, and there isn't mold and mildew everywhere. YAY!

So, yeah. I think that's it. Things are going really well here with The Hubs and Lola. I hope to update more often, but, yeah...life kind of gets in the way.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on landing your dream job! That is so exciting! I love the shoes. They are adorable. I've got the yucky allergy thing, too. It stinks. :P

Anonymous said...

hey if you want to move somewhere that isnt cold, might i suggest Florida?

;)