Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Montreal!

The Hubs and I spent a week in Montreal. We returned last night. We had a fantastic time, although the weather could have been better. The Hotel we stayed at was gorgeous, the people were super trendy and nice, the food was out of this world, and the city itself is beautiful.

Here are some of the things we did/saw:

Went to La basilique Notre-Dame. Absolutely gorgeous. I was happy that the place didn't come crashing down on me when I stepped foot inside. I haven't been inside a Catholic church since 1993.

La basilique Notre-Dame

La basilique Notre-Dame

La basilique Notre-Dame


Walked down St Catherine's Street, did some shopping, had some lunch, and saw a movie:

Montreal

Montreal

Montreal -It's Christmas already!

Montreal

Montreal


Took a romantic ride through Old Montreal on a horse drawn carriage. The horse was named Jerri and the driver was Ben. Awww...how cute!

Montreal -Horse Ride

Montreal -Horse Ride


Ate some really great food. Of course, I had to get poutine! I ate it three times while in Montreal. I couldn't help myself. It's so delicious.


Montreal- Cuisine

Montreal- Cuisine

Montreal- Cuisine

Montreal- Cuisine

Montreal- Cuisine


Went to the Science Museum and spent a good two hours playing with all the stuff there. I think we were the oldest people in there, not counting parents with their small kids. We saw the 3D IMAX movie, which made me a little nauseous, and learned about the Canadian logging industry.


Montréal Science Centre

Montréal Science Centre

Montréal Science Centre

Montréal Science Centre

Montréal Science Centre

Montréal Science Centre


And we got dressed up on Saturday and went to see a bunch of comedians. The best part of the night was when one of the local comedians said to The Hubs "you look like a mortician, only sexier!" HA! Oh, and another good part was when an audience member told a heckler to SHUT UP! I was just about to do it myself, but another woman beat me to it.

Montreal

Montreal

Montreal


We also got to see the Sympathy for the Devil exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art. No photos were allowed, but when I saw a dude snapping pictures, I thought I'd be sneaky and take one of this huge mural of Ian Curtis. If you're in Montreal, I urge you to see the exhibit. It's awesome.

Montreal

Musée D'Art Contemporain De Montréal


And lastly, we spent a lot of time in our awesome hotel room, cuddling on the couch in front of the fire. I've never been in a hotel where there was a working fireplace in the room. And we had a separate bedroom and there was a huge soaking tub. If we go back to Montreal, we'll totally stay there again.


Montreal - Saint Sulpice Hotel

Montreal - Saint Sulpice Hotel



I know that's an abbreviated version, but I'm tired and this folding chair hurts my back when I sit here too long. I just wish I didn't have to go back to work on Saturday. I wish vacations lasted forever.

2 comments:

Rand said...

Wow, HB. You were silent for a while but have come back in extreme Honey Bunny style. Thanks for the great post and pics!!

Honey Bunny said...

i know. i've been overwhelmed with work and life stuff that i've neglected my blog. :( i will do my best not to let it lapse for so long again.

glad you like the update! :)