Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year, New Adventures

It's been way too long since I've posted anything here. I'm hoping to start this up again as I'm making many new changes in my life.

I decided about a month ago to go back to school. Not just any school - Pastry school. It's something I've been wanting to do for years, but never had the time or money to do so. I have the money now, and I'm hoping that I will also have the time. I'll have to make the time since I've been accepted at the Art Institutes here in Minneapolis and I start classes on Monday. I have my orientation tomorrow afternoon. I don't know why I'm a nervous wreck about it, but I am. Probably because I haven't been to an orientation since I was 17 years old.

I'm both excited and nervous. Some days I wonder if this was the right decision. I know in my heart that it is, so now I just have to get in the door and start my first class to solidify in my gut that this is the right choice.

I hope to write about my experience in pastry school, both good and bad, as it progresses. It's only for 44 weeks, so I know I can do it. It's just getting rid of that lump in my throat and the butterflies in my belly so I can breeze through it.


2 comments:

soapboxhero said...

Good for you! You're still on my radar and I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Honey Bunny said...

come over and read about pastry school:

http://stiff-peaks.blogspot.com/