Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Oh, Drew!

this morning on my way to work, i was reading The I Hate Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity. . . Reader: The Hideous Truth About America's Ugliest Conservatives and got to the section dedicated to matt drudge of the drudge report. drudge is a complete hack. a total lying tool. if you remember, he was the one who broke the story on the monica lewinsky scandal. i'm positive he felt like a big man at that moment. but i digress..

so i'm sitting on the bus, reading about what a tool drudge is, when i thought "someone needs to do a parody site of the drudge report. that would be hysterical!" one of my favorite parody sites is whitehouse.org as well as betty bowers' godly (republican) politics. so i had this idea in my mind to make a drudge report parody site. i thought about it the whole way to work.

i get to my office, eat my muffin, check email, and then long on to one of my favorite sites "toothpastefordinner". to my total surprise and shock, drew re-did his site to look just like the drudge report!! i was freaking out!! i mean, i was JUST thinking that! how totally bizarre! go look at it. DO IT!

so i had to send drew an email telling him this exact story. i didn't think i'd get a response, but he wrote me back! he said that he's been getting email all morning from people saying "THE NEW SITE SUCKS. PUT BACK THE OLD ONE." i guess people just don't understand, OR they are just not familiar with the drudge site. either way, seeing that totally made my day!

thanks, drew!


here's his little pug, 'chubby', modeling one of the t-shirts he sells on his site :) awwww!

No comments: