Friday, February 03, 2006

Wait A Minute, Mister Postman!

so the mailperson obviously hates me...or something.

twice i've left my mail and twice they haven't touched it. they just stuff my new mail in next to my outgoing mail.

my family and friends will get letters with super old news. i FOUND a blue mailbox, but it's a busride away. not very efficient. i'll have to go drop off my letters tomorrow. *grrr*

so far, the only thing i hate about minneapolis is the fact that there aren't mailboxes on every corner like in boston.

bastard USPS! i curse you!

5 comments:

Lucas said...

HB,
I'm sure that list will grow a bit over time, but eventually you will come to realize what the rest of us already know, Other than the winters (and the MIA mailboxes), this is the BEST place to live!!!! But don't go spreading that around. :)

Honey Bunny said...

heh. i'm just disgruntled about the mail situation, that's all. so far we've had the bestest four days EVAR! we love minnesota so far...

Julie DuRose said...

When I moved to Uptown last April, that happened to me. Hey...maybe we have the same bastard of a letter carrier... Anyway, I taped a cloyingly sweet sign asking for the obvious (i.e., "If you wouldn't mind, I'd love it if you would please take the outgoing mail.") and haven't had to find a blue box since then.

Honey Bunny said...

there are no flags to put up. there are just 8 mail slots in our apartment building. i don't know how else to get the guy's attention. i'll just get on the bus tomorrow and drop it in a blue box. but seriously? so inconvenient.

Julie DuRose said...

I think you should get a wire bin or something, bolt it to the waill, and put a sign on it that says "OUTGOING MAIL." Your neighbors will love you for it, I'm guessing.