Tuesday, March 21, 2006

After 3 Weeks, I Finally Beat It

What am I talking about? Super Mario Brothers 2 of course!

the last screen of the game. Can you believe it was all a dream?

I found my Gameboy about 3 weeks ago and I've been playing SMB a little bit each day. Well, tonight I beat the MOFO! This is the first time in my life I've beat a video game. When my brother got his first Nintendo system in '87, I was obsessed with it. My favorite games were Super Mario Brothers and Zelda. I never beat either game. My sister was able to beat SMB, though. I was pretty jealous.

My sister beat the game, ironically, on one of the days she was grounded. She did something "bad" in school and so my mom grounded her from TV and Nintendo. Of course, my sister never listens to authority, so she started playing the game while my mom was at work one day. It didn't help that I egged her on and told her no one would tell on her if she broke the rules. She played it for about two hours straight before she beat it. My brother and I were so excited we couldn't believe it! We convinced my sister to keep the game paused until my mom got home to see it. Of course, I knew that she'd get into even more trouble when my mom saw she was playing it, but I thought my mom would be so excited (like we were) that she'd forget all about my sister's punishment.

I was wrong.

Instead of sharing our enthusiasm, my mom was pissed. She didn't just yell at my sister for breaking the rules, she yelled at my brother and I for encouraging her. My mom promptly grounded all three of us for a week. No TV and no Nintendo. It was the longest week of my twelve year old life.

So I dedicate this blog entry to my sister. I'm sorry I made you go against Mom's rules, but it WAS kick-ass that you beat Super Mario in two hours. That rules. I wish I tell people I did something as cool as that. Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings.

No comments: