Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oh My Goth!

I decided to make a bunch of changes to some things this afternoon. In light of a crazy eBay stalker woman who is trying to extort $600 out of me, I've changed my username and email. Not that she can't look me up by my old ID (she can) but I am hoping it will throw her off for a while. She's obviously insane.

I've had the old ID since 2000. It served it's purpose, but now it's just old and lame. In 2000 I was really getting into the goth scene in Boston pretty hardcore. Now, almost 6 years later, I'm done with it. It just doesn't hold the same kind of fun and excitement as it used to. I'm also six years older, so that could also be a reason. About a year ago I think I mentally removed myself from the scene in Boston. I only attended the nights that Phillip was spinning and didn't really go out to the goth/fetish clubs on a regular basis. Yes, we went for New Year's Eve 2004 and the last night ManRay was open, but that's about it. I just lost interest. And I was completely and totally sick of the Goth Drama that seeps into your pores whether you want it to or not.

We went to Hard Monday at the Saloon on Monday night. Even though I just finished stating that I was done with the goth scene, Phillip and I had a lot of fun. It was pretty laid back and people were friendly. We're more into the old school goth/new wave stuff instead of the oontz-oontz electro/industrial stuff they were playing, but we still had fun. But when we left I think I realized that I'm just not into it any more. I like playing dress-up every once in a while, but I can't do it on a regular basis. But I would if Phillip got a job spinning somewhere because I want to support him in what he does. In the 3 years we've been together, I only missed one night he was spinning.

Anyway, back to eBay. My username was pretty goth and even had the word "goth" in it. I'm so tired of looking at it so I decided to change it. It now has nothing to do with goth or anything like that. It makes me feel better that I changed it. Not only to try and get the crazy psycho woman off my hump, but because I feel more grown up. And right now, I don't mind feeling old.

2 comments:

Julie DuRose said...

Yay for you!! Does this mean you might consider wearing, say, red or blue or something other than black?!? Not that I'm against black, and you do look good in it. I'm just sayin' I bet you also look GREAT in red, babe. Very hip. Very now.

Honey Bunny said...

hah! actually, i DO wear other colors quite often. i own a few red shirts, too! in fact, i wore *gasp* pink to my interview the other day. evidence is here.

don't worry, i don't ALWAYS wear black, just most of the time (because i like it).