Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sox on ESPN

Now that it's baseball season, I'm really starting to miss Boston. No offense Twins fans, but your team just doesn't do it for me. I miss the craziness around my neighborhood when the Sox played at home. I miss the smell of the Sausage Guy's meat products in the air. And most of all, I miss watching games on NESN and hearing the sweet voices of RemDog and Jerry.

**sigh**

I should be grateful that ESPN is broadcasting the Sox/Blue Jays game right now, but it's really hard to get into. The sportscasters on this network are so boooorr-rriiiiiing it's not funny. They aren't interesting at all. And to make things worse, Wells is on the mound right now and he's SUCKIN'!

Dear David Wells,

I think you suck. You let THREE runs go in the FIRST? What the hell, man?



-A disgruntled fan (That's me. Jeanne)

Today my office (woo-hoo, all 6 of us) went to Sally's for lunch because one of the guys in my office is leaving. His last day is Friday. Anyway, I was seated facing one of the big screen TVs and had to watch Damon in pinstripes. It was almost enough to make me lose my appetite. I also saw on the other screen, Arroyo talking about his new job with the Reds. I couldn't help but feel that MY Red Sox no longer exist. And it made me sad.

Seriously, I love Minneapolis, and have no plans to leave. But Minneapolis has nothing on Boston when it comes to baseball and baseball fans. That's really all I miss about living in MA. Well, living in MA between April and October. Oh, and living two blocks from Fenway Park, no matter what time of year it is.

4 comments:

Bill Peregoy said...

The internet bargain of the century is the MLB radio package. You can purchase a whole season of streaming audio for all MLB games for $10 or $15... that won't get you Don and Rem-Dog but Joe and Jerry are a good backup. Don't worry about wells... he started this way last year and came around quite well... now if only we could get Arroyo back... I do miss him...

Don't be so down on MN baseball... the stadium may suck but at least you can get tickkets without sellng your first born!

Mrs. Cheeks said...

I understand about missing your home team. I grew up watching the Brewers (not exactly the Sox, but enjoyable). Nevertheless, I agree with Bill; the Dome may be a terrible place to watch baseball, but the Twins are a good team. Mabye someday soon we will have a new stadium.

Useless Man said...

Err... , Go Jays?

Please don't hurt me...

Broken Bindings said...

Hiya Honey Bunny, long time no comments, sorry (check my place for the reasons)but I can so relate to this post. Although I am not a SOX fan, I am actually a New Jerseyan who HATES the Yanks. HATE them. Ick.

Although, my Mets are bringin' it this season...