Monday, May 01, 2006

Lola Watching


Lola
Originally uploaded by thehoneybunny.

Here's another picture of Lola (surprised, huh?). She spent the good part of an hour this afternoon looking out the window. She was staring at/watching the black cat who lives across the street. He's an indoor/outdoor cat, so he's always wandering around. Lola loves to engage in a staring contest with this cat. She's so enamored with him that I've started calling him The Boyfriend. It's adorable. If he starts to walk down the alley, she will run to the bedroom window to watch him. I love it.

I also tried (but failed) to video Lola talking to the birds. She'll sit on the living room window sill and talk to the birds. She makes the weirdest noises I've ever heard, and it sounds just like she's talking to the bugs and birds that fly by the window. It's awesome and makes me smile.

I spoke with my good friend Melissa this evening. It was good to catch up with her. She's going back to school (BU) in three weeks and she's very excited about it. I'm positive that she'll get right back into the swing of it all, even though it'll be 10 years since she's been out of college. Holy crap. Ten years. Where does the time go?

I'm struggling to try and figure out what I want to do with my life. There are so many things I'd LOVE to do, but they wouldn't pay the bills. And I really can't be stuck in an office where no one talks to me and I have no work to do. This last job (which I left on Friday) sucked my soul and made me dread getting up in the morning. And I don't want that again. So I have a lot of thinking to do. And writing. I should make lists. My mom always said I was a good list-maker. Maybe I can do that professionally? Hmmm...

6 comments:

Lucas said...

HB-
I was hoping to hear more about how the actual quitting went. Did you give 2 weeks, storm out or what? Also, I can recommend a career counselor if you would want to invest in that. She helped me immensely. In the meantime, I hope you find yourself making some headway with the big decisions. I know just how frustrating and scary all that change can be.

Anonymous said...

Hi HB!
First off, thanks for more Lola! I honestly love it! She is SO cute, and the stories you tell are purrfect!

Second, I agree and it is hard to figure out what to do with your life. I am in the same stage now. (only I have a job I honestly like, it just does not quite pay the bills. So, I need to get a college degree so I can get a better paying job!) So, good luck with that decision!!!

Honey Bunny said...

lucas-
i'll write about that later today. i needed to make sure my mom-in-law knew about it before i publicly spilled my guts. now she knows, so i'll write about it later. it's really not as exciting as i'd like it to be, though...

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about getting into the Advertising field? There's a bunch of national and global agencies that have locations in Minneapolis.

Honey Bunny said...

hi lisa-
yes, i have. i just need to concentrate on what part of advertising i'd like to do. i'm more the creative type instead of the sales/facts-and-figures type.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunting.

My cat "talks" to birds too...if he's looking out the window and can see them out on the grass he starts "talking".

It's a kind of clicking, mouth opening and closing, khekh kheehhchk sort of a noise. I know he's saying "If I was out there, you'd be toast, boidies!".

Even though my cat lives in Australia, he talks like he's a gangsta from Brooklyn. lol.