Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The State Fair!

The fair was frickin' awesome. We were there for three hours. The first thing we did was visit the haunted house. It was awesome and I screamed like I've never screamed before. Phillip was scared, too! It was great! but then, we made one deadly mistake: We ate corn dogs, french fries, coke, s'mores, frozen custard and then decided to ride this:



We are too old for spinny-spinny rides! Seriously, we were out for the count for a good 30 minutes after we got off. My stomach is still feeling a bit queasy. This kind of pissed me off because I wanted to eat cheese curds and fried dough. But i just couldn't. I was able to drink a small coke and that helped, but damn, no more rides for THIS old lady. Kind of sad, isn't it?

We did go on the Ferris Wheel. I am not afraid of heights, but evidently Phillip is. He was not having a good time, as he hung on for dear life. Yes, he hung on, even though the ride was going a total of 5 mph ;) The carney took our photo when the ride ended:

Jeanne and Phillip at the Fair!



It was a really fun afternoon/night. The weather couldn't have been any better. Lots of great people watching. We were hoping we'd hear Poison play from the grandstand, but we left before they took the stage. Oh well. The Def Leppard that was blaring out of one of the rides instantly took me back to high school. It was like I was walking the midway at the local county fair, trying to look super cool as to attract boys. Heh. Those were the days.

There will me more photos posted at a later date, along with a movie or two. Right now I just want to lay down and stop the car-sick feeling in my stomach. Oh, and try to get the thought of this monstrosity out of my head, too:

Pickle Dog

7 comments:

soapboxhero said...

This summer I discovered that I am now too old to ride the rides. We went with our family to a small amusement park and I rode many rides with my brother. Then we went on the roller coaster. Big. Mistake.

My brother, who is 5 years younger, then went on the roller coaster 2 more time. Heh. Wait until he is 31!!!

soapboxhero said...

And by the way, great pic of you & Phillip!

Honey Bunny said...

thank you!

yes, i am too old to do the rides. i'll be 31 in a little over a month. i remember riding that spider ride over and over again when i was a teenager. now, i thought i was going to die!

Rand said...

State Fair!!!

Lucas said...

The MN State Fair is the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!! I fell in love with it my first time too HB and the love affair ain't over yet. Eating yourself sick is all part of the fun! I discovered last year that I may be too old for rides. No one told me when I was younger that I would one day be too old to ride them. Damn it all to hell! But I'm so glad you guys have fun and I must say, two thumbs up on Phillip's new do!

Honey Bunny said...

i really want to go back, but today is pretty cruddy and i have to work tomorrow. oh well. there's always next year, right?

Something dirty said...

Ah! I saw Poison at the Grandstand a few years ago. It was amazing.