Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ahoy Matey!

Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!

The guy who created/invented this day was on yesterday's episode of Wife Swap. I know I should hate that show, but I can't help love it. Last night had the Pirate family from OR vs the Uptight Organizational Brigade from CA. The CA woman prides herself on putting everything in plastic bins and labeling them accordingly. The OR woman hasn't cleaned her house in months. Ooh...a messy house! That's what it seems to come down to on this show; messy vs. clean or religious vs. not. Is that all ABC can think up?

Anyway, the Pirate/Cleanfreak episode was great, although I have to admit that I wouldn't like to sleep in a house that is infested with fleas. But that's just me. Take away the fleas and I'd totally want to live with the Priate family. Not because they are Pirates, but because they seem like they have a lot of fun and don't take life so seriously. I could not tolerate living with a family who has a strong belief that appearances are everything. Yuck.

So talk like a Pirate today, lassies! Have fun. And if you're in the Twin Cities area, bundle up! It's cold out (which is super weird for me. I'm not used to it getting cold till at least November!).


Oh....Check out the pirate flickr group. There are some pretty funny pictures there!

No comments: