Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Natalie Dee

For years (ok, off and on) I've been reading NatalieDee and laughing my ass off at her drawings. I remember she used to have a blog over at Diaryland.com, and I was inspired to also buy a diaryland diary back in '03. But it didn't last long and I switched over here to Blogger. It is free and suits me a lot better.

Anyhoo, for all these years I was sure that Natalie Dee was a tiny Asian chick with an ascerbic tongue and quick wit. I loved her from the minute I saw her first drawing. I loved her so much that I purchased her Un-PC Valentine's Day Cards and gave them out to all my friends. I loved how she drew funny drawings about her dog and her employer and her husband. I wanted to be just like her.

I haven't been on her site in over 6 months. I decided to check it out tonight to see what I've missed. There are 6 months of drawings I had to catch up on (the shitty zoo ones being some of my favorites) and I stopped to check out the merch for sale. And then I saw it! There's now an entire blog and video section! Ans when I clicked on the video, what did I see?

Natalie Dee IS NOT A TINY ASIAN LADY like I thought she was in my mind!

Reading that outloud makes me laugh really hard. I hope you did too.

No, Natalie Dee is a cute, slightly chubby chick* with awesome hair and cute glasses. She has a Youtube video collection that is hysterical! I'm sure my husband will enjoy this one where she eats a corn dog (Phillip loves the Corn Dog). Or IS IT a corn dog?

Anyway, if you're not familiar with Natalie Dee, you should get in the know. She's really funny and her comics and drawings crack me up. Add her to your bookmarks and watch her Youtube videos. I don't know her personally, but I'd like to. She seems like someone I'd like to be friends with.


*chubby chicks are awesome

ps) also read Toothpaste for Dinner by Natalie's hubby. Funny, funny stuff.

No comments: