Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Coff Coff Coff Hack Hack Coff

I stopped taking my blood pressure meds back in June after 1) I ran out and 2) my blood pressure was back to normal. Well, I went to see my doctor last week and my blood pressure was super high*. So she put me back on the pills.

I hate them.

I hate them for one major reason. A major side effect is a constant tickle in the back of your throat that makes you cough and cough and cough some more. You just can't get rid of it. It's annoying and frustrating and I wish it would go away.

Supposedly it will go away once I stop smoking (which I plan to do soon), but I think that's just a ploy to get me to quit. Not that I'm in love with cigarettes or anything, but when I was on the pills early in the year I WAS NOT smoking and still had the cough.

I swear I'm going to keep the LifeSaver company in business, since I pop those suckers for relief like they are, uh, candy.

*I've been under extreme stress lately, and I'm sure this is what caused the high reading.

No comments: