Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Young, Dumb, and (Sorta) Out Of Control

Today is my 32nd birthday. 32 isn't so bad. Not as bad as 30, that's for sure. It's just another day. I don't feel much older. I don't think I look much older. The only real different thing about the 22 year old me and the 32 year old me is the fact that I don't party like I used to. Ok, and that I don't listen to the same music. Or wear the same kind of clothes (wallet chain, anyone??).

Here's a funny video of me on October 4, 1997. I had a huge party in my apartment and all my very good friends were there. It was one of the most fun nights of my life. Here you see me "dancing" with my best friend Bart. What you don't know is that I'd consumed mass quantities of rum and coke before, during, and after this was taped. This is pretty much the only part of a 4 hour tape that is fit for the internet.

Anyway, enjoy. Bart spins Jeanne. Jeanne Falls Down. Jeanne's friends just stand and stare. Good times for sure!



Notice the Jamiroquai AND Beatles posters on the wall. And that painting? It's a portrait of Bono that I made while in High School. The music in the background is "Halcyon and On and On" by Orbital, which was one of my favorite songs of that year. Others include hits from Underworld, Future Sound of London, Tricky, and The Prodigy. Hmmm...The Prodigy. What ever happened to them, anyway?

So, yeah. There's a glimpse of 22 year old Jeanne. I miss her, but I don't think I'd want to be her again. OK, well, maybe for just one day. :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a good day! Are you doing anything fun? I loved the video! So funny. I wonder where the Prodigy went, too. So weird.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, THE WORLD IS MUCH BETTER BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

I also hope you have a fun day! It is your day, do what you want to do! (I could not get the video up, it is my computer at work, so I will have to check it out sometime when I am at another computer) But enjoy the day!

teahouse said...

Hey, happy birthday!! I just turned 32 last month meself. I was quite stressed about it, but now I've reached a point of zen and acceptance.

Sornie said...

32 isn't that bad but at least I haven't entered the oft-dreaded 30s... yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you honey of a bunny.