Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amanda on Big Brother - I Worked With Her

OK, I hate the show Big Brother. I mean, I really have no stomach for it at all. It's The Hub's favorite show. He turned it on about 20 minutes ago and settled in to watch 20-somethings act like morons on national television. I walked by and saw a chick that looked totally familiar to me. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but then it dawned on me. I worked with her at my last job in Golden Valley!

It's true and it's undeniably Amanda.

She's a hopeless romantic and wonders where all the good men are in the world. She sends her friends a daily motivational quote of the day by text message. Her favorite activities include running, shopping, dancing and entertaining. She loves football and played powder puff football in high school. She has two cats, and one, Chloe, thinks she's a dog.(from the CBS website)

I can't find the post I made a year ago about Amanda. I assumed it would be under the "annoying people" tag, or the "stupid girls" tag, but no. I am pretty sure that I wrote about how Amanda stopped me in the break room to ask me why I chose to drink the coffee out of the machines. You know, the machines that you put the flavored package in and delicious coffee comes out? Yeah, well, she seemed to have a problem with me liking it (she looked at me and said "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" right before plunking change into the vending machine to eat whatever processed bagged thing popped out). She kept asking me "why?" Why, what? Why do I like coffee, or why are you a total moron? From that point on, my friend Tracy and I would laugh at her, especially when she'd wear her clear stripper shoes to work. We worked in a law firm and in would clomp Amanda in her stripper shoes and impossibly tight clothes. We also made bets on how many days she'd go without brushing her hair. Or, maybe, that was the look she was going for? We didn't know. All I know is that she was a sight for sure. I won't even start on how annoying her voice is. Just watch the show and you'll see what I mean.

I guess she won Head of Household so she's on the show for at least another episode. I still hate Big Brother, but I might just watch it to see the train wreck known as Amanda.

Edited to ad: OMG. Listen to Amanda describe someone else as a train wreck. I love how she says she's going to "pretend" to be dumb on the show and use it to her advantage. Uh, what?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. Amanda's really special. I think she's the trainwreck. I couldn't even finish watching the video clip, 'cause she annoyed me soooo much. How did you survive working with her?

Honey Bunny said...

She's totally short-bus special, that's for sure. She worked in a different area of the office, but i saw her every day in the break room. Those 2 or 3 minutes a day were plenty enough exposure to her, trust me.

It'll be a miracle if she gets very far in the show. the other contestants aren't very bright, either, but man, she's dim.

Dawn said...

My highest respects to you. She is grating on the on nerves, just in the few minutes I'm seeing here.

Honey Bunny said...

If this short video kills you, I urge you not to ever watch the plethora of clips on Youtube. I watched two this evening and I thought my head was going to explode.

Dawn said...

I just saw the clip where basically Amanda is on the verge of tears after learning everyone hates her. Her voice...oh my god. Sadly I am under the assumption she'll be there to the dying end, as reality TV loves that stuff. I don't feel sorry for the regular viewers....lol