Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Phillip's Big Debut

Phillip's DJ gig at Hard Monday (at the Saloon) on Monday night went really well. There were a ton of people there. Well, at least WE thought there were a ton of people. It could have been an average night for all we know, since we don't go there all that much. But anyway, the point is, there were people on the dance floor during both his sets and that's what's important, right?

I met a lot of new people there, but their names escape me :( I hung out with my friend Melissa for a good portion of the night, and danced the other portion. By the time 2am rolled around, my legs were killing me. Here's what I wore:

Outfit For Hard Monday's Anniv. Party


Phillip played a lot of old-school goth hits like Peter Murphy, Joy Division, and Siouxsie. Good stuff. I'm sure that he will be asked back again very soon to spin again. I sent out reminders to people on Saturday about it, but I guess my email was acting wonky and no one got the email :( I was hoping my friend Deakin and his girl could make it, but he didn't get the reminder, so they didn't realize it was Monday. Cat, I sent one to you, too. Did you get it? Anyway, there's no need for me to stress over it. It's only technology after all. The telephone would have been more effective, I guess. I'll learn, don't worry :)

I'm curious: What are you listening to right now as you read/comment on this post? At this moment, I'm rocking out to "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake. What can I say? It's got an awesome beat and I can dance to it. But that's just our little secret, ok readers? If anyone knew I liked that song by a former N*Sync member, I'd totally lose my street cred, for sure. So put it in the vault.

2 comments:

soapboxhero said...

I'm grooving on Scissor Sisters' "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'". It's so good!

And don't worry - I totally rock out to JT and Fergie, too, which might be worse!

Honey Bunny said...

i wish i could share enthusiasm for scissor sisters, but....ick. not my thing at all. it's like if the bee gees and elton john had a crazy love child. too much piano, not enough guitar ;)

but that's cool you dig them!