Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm Drained

Tonight I feel drained. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I've just about had it with this horrendous commute. I hate getting up before 6am in order to get to my job by 8am. Then I get home at 5:30, only have 4 hours to do stuff I need to do before having to go to bed. I hardly see my husband and have only two hours a week to meet up with my friend Brandee for drinks and cheap bar food. This kind of sleep-work-eat-repeat life really sucks, to be honest.

Tonight I feel completely run down. My body is a bit achy and tired. My brain seems a bit mushy. All I can think about is going to bed, but I promised Phillip I'd wait up for him so we can watch Survivor together. Emotionally I feel kind of weak; like I could cry at any second. Why? Hell I if I know. All around, I just feel blah.

Maybe it's because it's Thursday and I know I have to trudge through one more day of work before I can get a little relief over the weekend. But this weekend is booked full of sewing, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, and general house chores. Fun!

I guess all I really have to think about are the following two points: 1) I have 20 more days at this job before it's over and 2) this job has put money in the bank and allowed me to pay off bills that I wouldn't have been able to one month ago. Also, I'm getting paid to listen to audiobooks while I stuff envelopes or enter numbers into a database. All-in-all, I've got it pretty good. I shouldn't complain, right?

Then why do I feel so.....blah?

It must be Winter.


To make it so this post isn't totally Debbie Downer, here's a funny photo of Lola with a horse on her back (don't ask):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel so crappy! That makes life tough!

Lola is patient. Luther would NEVER stand (or sit)for a horse or anything on his back!

Hang in there, things will get better!