Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thift Store Shopping Is FUN!

Creative:Zen Cozy - Day 16


I found this in a bin of iPod covers at my local Salvation Army yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was going to fit, since I have a Creative:Zen Vision and not an iPod, but it fits like a glove and looks awesome. And the best part? It was a mere FIFTY CENTS! Brand new and in the package and everything.

One great thing (among a million others) about living in Mpls is that the local thrift stores get a crapload of stuff that Target throws away. So there's a huge box of iPod accessories as well as a million new Mossimo shoes at my SA selling for $3/pair. I'm not a big brand person, but this Mossimo MP3 cover looks a little like a griffin, so that's why I got it.


Today I have to rest and get better. The Griffins are sick. We've both got a end-of-summer cold. It's bad timing since tonight is the QOTSA show at First Ave and tomorrow is the Fair. So we have to get better...fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love thrift shopping too! It is the best, the fun is the hunt. You never know what you will find.

Hope you feel better soon, summer colds are the worst.

Michelle said...

I heart thrift shopping! That Salvation Army is very cool.... and it's still a well-kept secret, too. Have you been to the Unique Thrift Store in North East or the Valu Thrift in Saint Paul? They are pretty good, too.